365 down 365 to go.....
Today marks Brady's first year of his mission complete. Yeah!!! We are on the downhill slope and I have been told the second year goes so much faster. He has survived some very amazing circumstances. He has survived riots, protesters, buildings on fire, pickpockets, getting hit by a car, bit by an ostrich, falling in a rice paddy, no running water in their house and eating very strange foods (frog, alligator, pork with skin and hair still attached). Yet somehow he loves being in Madagascar. This is what he said in his last email "At first the mission was a little difficult with the language, all the work and such, but I am loving everyday now. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. It has taken a full year to get to this point, but I am enjoying it out here."
He has had many great experiences too. He says "It is great to hear a testimony from someone that I found, taught and baptized. Really a cool experience. That is one of the blessings of missionary work... seeing peoples lives change. I have seen it a couple times."
Nice work Elder Nielsen. Give them Heaven!

No comments:
Post a Comment